This Green Pepper Steak is so quick meaty stir fry using steak, tomatoes and peppers then flavored with garlic, soy sauce and ginger.
This dish is easily created beforehand, which is excellent for entertaining. I suggest undercooking the veggies a bit so they will be absolutely crisp-tender when rewarmed. Do not include the tomatoes till the dish is warm and you are ready to serve.
I used around steak more frequently, which can be somewhat more affordable than sirloin. Flank steak is also a remarkably popular cut for pepper steak. You’ve got several excellent options and just require 1 lb.
Tips for making great pepper steak:
- Make the rice before, beacuse rice takes longer to cook than the beef!
- All ingredients prepped. Like many stir-fry recipes, it does not take long to make this dish on the dining table.
- Slice the steak very thin, to make this a bit easier, place the steak in the freezer for half an hour before slicing. It firms up enough to slice easily.
- Make sure you marinate the steak for at least half an hour or up to 4hours. This is the very first thing that I do, then begin the ricethen prep the veggies. Don’t overcook the veggies.
- Use regular soy sauce, doesn’t low sodium for the best taste. Except for this particular dish. The flavour can taste watered down, in my opinion.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Green Pepper Steak Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Salisbury Steak with Onion Gravy
- Chipotle Beef and Avocado Bowls
- Creamy Beef and Shells
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Green Pepper Steak
- 1 lb sirloin or round steak sliced thin against the grain
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce divided
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced or grated
- 2 large bell peppers cubed (red, green, or both)
- 2 large tomatoes cubed (or several small)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large onion sliced into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- cooked rice
- soy sauce
- Pour 2 tbsp soy sauce and sugar sliced steak. Marinate at least 30minutes or up to 4hours daily. While the beef is marinating, prep the rest of the ingredients.
- In a small-bowl mix the beef broth, cornstarch, the remaining 2tbsp soy sauce. Whisk till combined. Put aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in large-skillet over medium-high. Add half of the beef and cook till browned around the edges.
- Turn the beef pieces over and continue cooking for a few minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with another tbsp of oil and much more sliced beef till all meat is browned.
- Pour the last tbsp of oil to the pan. Then add the black pepper, onions and bell pepper. Sauté till the veggies are crisp tender and slightly charred, for 5-8minutes.
- Reduce the heat to moderate. Then add ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, if using. Sauté, stirring continuously till the garlic is fragrant for a few minutes.
- Return the cooked beef into the pan, together with any accumulated juices, along with the beef broth mix. Cook till the sauce thickens, for 3-5minutes.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes and stir to coat. Remove from the heat and serve immediately. (You can garnish with extra parsley and black pepper and serve over hot cooked rice).