All these Trader-Joe’s inspired Spicy Lentil Wraps and Tahini Sauce are simple to create. Can be created gluten free using warmed-corn tortillas and so are fantastic for supper prep!
To make this particular recipe, I began with the ingredient listing with lentils and bulgur-wheat, but actually wished to make a recipe that may be gluten free.
After I’m trying a couple batches with or without quinoa, the quinoa was a keeper since it had the favored texture. The mix is filled with full taste, easy to put together and may be saved in the refrigerator for up to a week or suspended if necessary.
Quinoa and lentils are simmered with spices till tender. Subsequently folded or wrapped with cabbage and chili paste making a terrific. Well balanced, salty and spicy-vegan lentil-wrap served with tahini-sauce on the side.
You’ll need Ingredients:
- Red lentils
- Quinoa (white or tri-color)
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Onion powder
- Tahini (make your own homemade-tahini or use store bought)
- Green onion
- Cabbage (use pre-shredded cabbage for ease).
- Chili paste or sriracha (I use and recommend the Huy-Fong, Garlic Chili-Paste or their plain Chili Paste. They can be found in the Asian section of your local markets).
- Lavash bread or corn tortillas (use corn-tortillas for a gluten-free-meal).
- Salt and pepper
How to Store?
Freezer: The lentil filling is freezer friendly and may be saved in the freezer for up to two months. Permit thaw before reheating on the cooker or in the microwave. It is also possible to freeze bigger parts in large ziplock bags.
Refrigerator: Wraps can be kept in containers and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4times. If maintaining the lentil filling separate, it is going to endure for 5-6times at a covered container. Dressing will also endure for 5-6days, simply provide a great stir before using.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps and Tahini Sauce recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Vegan Lentils Enchiladas – Gluten Free
- Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- Vegan Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
- Chipotle Vegan Burrito with Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps and Tahini Sauce
Lentil Quinoa Mix
- ¾ cup red-lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2½ cups water, or more as needed
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 green-onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- 2 heaping tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red-pepper-flakes (Optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped-parsley
- ½ tsp pink-salt, or to taste
Spicy Tahini Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup water or more as needed
- pinch of red-pepper-flakes
- juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 tbsp
- pinch of pink-salt
- chili-paste or sriracha
- shredded cabbage or micro-greens
- lavash-bread or corn-tortillas (flour-tortillas work too)
- sliced avocado, for tacos (Optional)
- In a medium saucepan, then add the water, lentils, quinoa, cumin, garlic & coriander powder, salt and red pepper flakes, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 20minutes.
- Remove from heat, add scallions and chopped parsley, let rest for ten minutes. If you feel it is too dry, add a few tbsp of water.
- Mixture ought to be creamy, not-dry. Add additional spices to flavor.
- In a small-bowl, whisk together the water, tahini, lemon, red-pepper flakes, salt and parsley. Put aside.
- Lay lavash-bread onto a flat-surface. Spread a tbsp or so of chili-paste, roughly 1 ½ inches from the edge on the first ⅓ portion in the top to bottom, leaving the inch on either ends.
- Layer with roughly ½ cup lentil and quinoa-mix, cabbage . Then fold & roll. Slice in half & serve with a spoonful of tahini-sauce on every bite.
- Warm tortillas, layer with lentil and quinoa-mix, cabbage or micro-greens. Then add chili-paste and tahini dressing to taste and chopped avocado.
- Then Enjoy and serve warm, chilled or at room-temperature.
- Don’t hesitate to utilize all of cabbage, or some other greens which you enjoy.
Lentil and quinoa mix makes approximately 3 cups. Refrigerate for up to a week or freeze for longer.
- Tahini-sauce makes about ¾ cup. Store in the fridge for up to a week. It is good on salads, roasted or steamed veggies too! Should you would rather the sauce to be thicker, then use less water or include more tahini.
- If you do not have quinoa available, it’s still possible to pull this together employing all lentils. 1 cup lentils into 2 ¼ cups water. If utilizing brown or green lentils, cook at least 40minutes.
PIN IT FOR LATER!