Love this tasty lemon linguine pasta using pan-fried garlic asparagus and creamy feta cheese. A quick and simple vegetarian meal prepared in under half an hour!
Asparagus is one of the favorite springtime components to use. It may be ready in numerous ways: eat it raw, roast, blanch, steam, and pan fry it. It’s a distinctive flavour that’s difficult to explain; a bolder green bean? Allow me to know what you believe in the comments!
In this recipe, the asparagus is fast (it requires just a couple of minutes) pan-fried using garlic, which generates yummy toasted garlic pieces, prior to being blended to the pasta together with an addictive lemon-feta sauce. ) A delightful mix that will make a fantastic weeknight dinner for 2.
LEMON FETA LINGUINE WITH GARLIC ASPARAGUS
- 4 oz uncooked linguine-pasta
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup feta-cheese, crumbled
- cracked black-pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive-oil
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
For the Asparagus
- 6 oz (12 spears) asparagus, woody ends removed and cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive-oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Boil the linguine-pasta in salted-water according to package instructions until a minute before al dente. Drain and book 1/2 cup of pasta-water, put aside.
- For Your sauce. While the pasta is cooking, in another bowl, whisk together the lemon-zest, lemon-juice & olive-oil together until well blended. Add the feta and black-pepper, then mix well until the sauce blends to become creamy and largely uniform in feel, Put aside.
- For Your asparagus. Employing a large skillet in medium-high heat, then add olive-oil & garlic, then swirling the pan for about 5 mins slightly outperforming the garlic). Add from the skillet, salt & pepper, stirring regularly until the asparagus is tender-crisp, approximately 2-3 mins. Remove from heat and put the asparagus in a different bowl.
- Using the same skillet, then reduce the heat to low, then add the sauce & pasta. With tongs, toss to coat the pasta with the sauce, so allowing the feta-cheese fully melt. Spoon at a tbsp of pasta-water in a time for a desired saucy consistency.
- Add in the asparagus and give the pasta a final toss Top with extra feta-cheese if you'd love. Taste for extra salt and pepper. Serve immediately.¼¼
- Approximately 1 tablespoon lemon zest plus ¼ cup lemon-juice. This can ensure it is a very lemony pasta dishreduce the quantity of juice and zest if you want a more moderate lemon flavour.
- It is nice if there continue to be observable parts of feta-cheese, they’ll melt when blended with your pasta.