This vegan stuffed acorn squash functions nicely principal dish, may be enjoyed anytime to get a filling meal wholesome. This recipe is oil-free and gluten-free.
This can be a very filling meal, packed with plenty of nutrition. Rich protein, healthy carb and essential fatty acid, together with a whole lot of vitamins and minerals certain to make your body smile.
This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, oil-free and does not have any extra sugar should you use unsweetened dried cranberries.
The excellent thing about stuffed squash is that it seems somewhat fancy but it’s super simple to create. Before you prepare the squash, begin cooking a few brown-rice if you don’t have some cooked brown rice available.
Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash Notes:
- It is possible to use any whole grain set up of brown rice. White quinoa, rice, farro or freekeh work nicely.
- Chickpeas create a wonderful addition, simply combine them with the cranberries, rice and pecans.
- Raisins or chopped dates are good if you do not have cranberries.
- Utilize pumpkin seeds rather than pecans to create this recipe nut-free.
- Walnuts or slivered almonds function in place of pecans.
- You can store leftovers in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 2-days.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan Collard Greens
- Easy and Creamy Cuban Black Beans
- Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Zucchini Fritters With Red Lentils
- Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
- Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets
Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn-squash cut in half from stem to tip, seeds removed
- 1 cup cooked brown-rice
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 white-onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small to medium-sized apple peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp each thyme rosemary and sage
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Then cut each squash in half and take out the seeds with a spoon.
- Sprinkle each half with pepper and salt & put cut side-down on a baking-tray. Then bake in the oven for 30-40minutes till simple to pierce with a fork.
- After the squash has approximately 15 minutes , add the celery, onion and garlic into a skillet with a couple of tablespoons of water. Cook over moderate heat for 6-7minutes or till softened.
- Add the herbs and apple, blend and cook for 4-5minutes. If the pan begins to have dry, then add a few more splashes of water.
- Add the cooked brown-rice, pecans and cranberries & thencook for 4-5minutes or till heated through. Season with pepper and salt, if necessary.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped fresh-parsley.