Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups
Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups are fantastic appetizers for a party, healthful lunch for children or light and effortless dinner for entire family. It is simple, make ahead recipe and freeze nicely.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 ripe avocado- mashed
- 1 ½ - 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 2 green onion-sliced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley- chopped
- 2-4 tbsp plain greek yogurt start with 2 and add more if the salad seems to dry
- 5-6 tortillas 8 or 10 inch diameter
- ¼ tsp salt or more to taste
In a large bowl mix all ingredients such as Chicken Avocado salad. Stir till evenly mixed.
Spread the mixture over tortilla and roll-up tightly. Repeat with remaining salad.
Slice with serrated knife to ½ inch pieces. You can slice them immediately or refrigerate till firm (about 30 minutes). It is a lot easier to slice when chilled.