Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas - this hearty and healthy vegan quinoa chickpea salad is packed with vegetables and plant fats, also pulled using a bright and zippy lemon vinaigrette. You'll love it and shortly to be your new favourite lunch.
- ½ butternut-squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa cooked, to package directions
- 2 beets peeled and cubed (1 ½ cups)
- 2 cups cherry-tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Italian-parsley, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon-juice
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- 1 tsp sweet-paprika
- ¾ tsp sea-salt less if chickpeas are salted
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dijon-mustard
- 3 tbsp white wine-vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive-oil
- 1 tbsp honey or date-syrup for vegan option
- .3 tbsp lemon-juice
- sea-salt and black-pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Add the chickpeas into a bowl, and drizzle with olive-oil & lemon-juice. Mix all spices together in a small-dish, then coat chickpeas using all the spices.
On a large-baking-dish, place-out cubed beets & butternut, then spray with olive-oil. Leave 1/3 of this baking-tary to also lay out chickpeas.
Bake chickpeas, beets and butternut about 25-30minutes.
Layer chickpeas, roasted veggies, quinoa and cucumbers and fresh-tomatoes with chopped herbs.
Toss salad with lemon-vinaigrette.