Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup
This chicken and rice soup is a simple easy and comforting meal that's perfect for cold nights and you can made in slow cooker.
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots peeled halved and sliced
- 1 cup white rice if you'd rather add the rice during the beginning or use brown rice instead
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
In a slow cooker, put the chicken-breasts with onion carrots, chicken broth, dried thyme, garlic, celery, dried parsley, pepper and salt. Then cook on LOW for 5-6 hrs or HIGH for 3-4 hrs.
Remove the top and add the rice. Cook the rice for an additional hour on HIGH or LOW heat. Take the chicken breasts out of the soup and shred them with forks. Return the chicken back to the soup. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve.