Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets
This Chicken Foil Packet is made with of a Mexican flair, mixing black beans, salsaand corn. Cook on the grill, in the oven or over the campfire to get a tasty flavor-packed meal.
- 4 chicken breasts 7-8 oz each
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese or monterey jack
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup salsa or 10 oz rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies drained
- 1 cup diced bell peppers any color
- ½ tsp chili powder
- cilantro tomatoes and jalapenos for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the grill to medium-high-heat.
Put four large pieces of foil on work surface then spray each with cooking-spray. Put 1-chicken breast on each piece of foil and season with chili powder, pepper and salt.
Divide the beans, salsa, corn and peppers along top of chicken breasts.
Fold at the ends to seal each packet. Put packets the grill-down vegetable side about 10 minutes.
Flip packets over then grill another 10-12 minutes or till chicken is cooked through and reaches 165°F.
Put packets on a large bakingpan. Gently open packets and top with cheese. Put the bakingpanon the grill to melt the cheese.
Serve and enjoy!