Grilled Chicken Margherita
These Grilled Chicken Margherita so healthy and easy, topped with tomato basil garnish, melted mozzarella cheese and pesto. Make you perfect dinner and only 30 minutes can be starring on y
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to less than 1-inch thickness
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup packed basil leaves very thinly sliced
- ½ cup basil-pesto
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 4 slices mozzarella-cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh-lemon-juice
- 1 tsp Italian-seasoning (or ½ tsp dried oregano + ¼ tsp dried basil + 1/¼4 tsp dried thyme)
- cracked black-pepper
- 2 tbsp olive-oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large-bowl, mix chicken, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic power, pepper and salt. Then toss to blend.
Grill chicken over medium-high-heat for 6-8minutes on each side, till cooked through.
Top each piece of chicken with a piece of mozzarella-cheese & cook for a few minute or so till melted.
Toss tomatoes, basil and lemon juice together. Top each chicken-breast with 3 tbsp pesto, a spoonful of tomatoes, plus some freshly-cracked black-pepper.