Mashed Cauliflower Breakfast Bowls
This easy recipe is a superb meal prep meal to get the on the move AIP or even Whole30 breakfast. All these Mashed Cauliflower AIP Breakfast Bowls are a ideal Whole30, very low carb, and AIP breakfast recipe. It is a healthful AIP and gluten-free recipe, that's simple and has lots of flavor.
- 1 ½ cups whole baby portobello mushrooms (or one 6 oz package)
- ½ batch of Ranch Mashed Cauliflower
- 4 cups fresh greens (I love using arugula)
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 3 tbsp coconut Aminos (you can also swap for 3 tbsp bone broth or 1 ½ tbsp balsamic-vinegar)
- coarse sea salt (for finishing)
- 2 tbsp cooking-oil (I suggest reserving some grease from the bacon, but you can also use ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil)
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- sea-salt to taste
For the Mushrooms
Heat oil in a saute-pan over moderate heat. Then slice mushrooms in half and put in to saute-pan. Cook slowly over low-heat for the flavors to fully develop.
If the mushrooms are cooked, then pour at the coconut-aminos to deglaze the pan and then develop a caramelization on the outside of mushrooms.
Remove from heat and sprinkle with a little bit of rough sea-salt while the glaze is still wet.
For the Bacon
Preheat oven to 375°F. Then lay the bacon onto a rimmed, parchment lined baking-sheet. Cook till crisp for 12-15minutes.
Remove bacon from cooking-sheet and put aside to cool on a paper-towel. This may consume additional grease. Reserve the grease left on the baking-sheet & store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator to use for cooking.
After bacon has chilled, rough-chop and keep store till use.
Split ingredients combined with ½ a batch of Ranch Mashed Cauliflower among 2-bowls then drizzle olive-oil or avocado-oil. Sprinkle with coarse sea-salt.
These ingredients may be prepped the day before and reheated for a fast breakfast bowl or eaten right from the refrigerator.