High Protein Vegan Lasagna Soup
This Vegan Lasagna Soup is a thick and hearty lasagna soup is packaged with fiber plant-based protein. These vegan and gluten-free, is a satisfying a pleasing meal in bowl!
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz portabella-mushrooms gills removed
- 12 tbsp shredded vegan-mozzarella-cheese divided (you can also use regular cheese)
- ⅓ cup basil chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 cups water or vegetable-broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional-yeast
- 1 tsp dry-thyme
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- 6 sheets Explore Cuisine Organic Green-Lentil-Lasagne broken into small pieces
- 2 tbsp extra olive-oil
- ½ tsp salt or more to taste
Gently wash the dirt off the mushroom and then chop them very little (it is possible to use a food-processor here).
Heat the olive-oil in a large-soup-pot. Add the chopped mushrooms and cook over medium-high-heat for 8-10minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the diced tomatoes, garlic and basil then continue cooking for 3-4minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, thyme, onion-powder, nutritional-yeast, salt and water bring to a boil.
Add the lasagna-sheet bits and stir well. Reduce the heat & simmer, covered for 20minutes. Serve the soup and sprinkle 2-tbsp of cheese at the top
The quantity of water added depends upon how you enjoy the consistency of soup. For a thicker, heartier soup, add less water.
Cheese will melt depending on the brand you are using. If you are does not melt on the hot soup, then simply pop it into the microwave for a couple seconds.