Skillet Sausage and Zucchini is a healthy and satisfying meal! This perfectly experienced mixture of zucchini, sausage, onions and peppers. Whole30 compliant, dairy-free, gluten-free and additional tasty!
This reassuring meal may be enjoyed alone or you are welcome to serve it on traditional rice or cauliflower. In any event you are likely to be pleasantly gobbling everything up in 20 minutes or less.
This 20 Minute Skillet Sausage & Zucchini is simple and delicious. It tastes much like a classic Italian-Sausage and Peppers dish however you are getting some additional vegetables in there because of its zucchini.
Use your preferred completely cooked sausage. I favor “Applegate Chicken Sausage” (the one from the refrigerated case rather than the frozen section) since their ingredient listing is incredible and I have never tried one of the varieties which I did not like.
All the ingredients needed are not so difficult to get. Because they are easy to buy or maybe you already have them in your storage. For the note, If you want to make Whole30, make sure you add a Whole30 compliant sausage.
- olive or avocado oil
- cooked sausages
- bell pepper
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Skillet Sausage and Zucchini Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Grilled Chicken Margherita
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Quick and Easy Avocados Tostada
- Buffalo Chickepa Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Cabbage Rolls with Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffing
- Easy Vegan Calzones
Skillet Sausage and Zucchini (20 Minutes)
- 2 medium zucchini cubed
- 1 onion cut into ¾-inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 4 fully cooked sausages sliced into circles ¼-inch thick
- 1 bell-pepper any color and cut into ¾-inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
- ¼ tsp onion-powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic-powder
- 2 ½ tbsp olive or avocado-oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive-oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat. When the oil is hot, then add sliced-sausage.
- Sautè, flipping sausage often for a few minutes, or till sausage pieces have some browning. Remove from pan and put aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, then add remaining 1 ½ tbsp of oil to skillet together with the onion, bell pepper and zucchini.
- Sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, pepper and salt. Stir and let cook till the onion is translucent and peppers and zucchini are near tender, for 5minutes.
- Add sausage back into the skillet together with minced garlic. Stir and cover so everything moves through for a few minutes. Taste and add additional salt if necesary.
- Serve and enjoy! Garnish with chopped fresh-basil if desired (optional).