Cilantro Lime Chicken is fast to whip up and using such a classic taste combination it’s very yummy! The chicken marinade is simple to create and you can grill, bake the chicken, or cook it in a skillet.
To make this recipe, then begin with adding all of the marinade ingredients such as the lime juice, cilantro leaves, garlic, lime zest, olive oil, cumin, pepper and salt into your own blender and whizz it up till smooth.
Add the sauce into a bowl which could accommodate all of the chicken pieces and turn them several times so they are well coated. Then marinate the chicken for a minimum of half an hour or up to 4-hours in the fridge.
Cooked cilantro lime chicken can keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Please, if you like this Easy Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lbs)
For the Marinade
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup cilantro leaves packed, measure unchopped leaves, (about 1/2 bunch)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
For the Garnish
- lime wedges
- cilantro leaves
- Add all of the marinade ingredients into a blender and pulse till smooth.
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl or ziplock bag and add in the marinade. Make certain that the chicken is evenly coated.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator for half an hour up to 4 hours.
For the Grilling Method
- Sear the chicken pieces for approximately 2-3 minutes each side on the grill .
- If you’re using bone in thighs, then they will take longer to cook than boneless skinless or pounded lean chicken breast and may burn before they are completely cooked.
- Boneless skinless thighs can take approximately 4-5 mins each side to bone and bone in thighs may take around 15 minutes each side.
- Check it is totally cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F employing an electronic meat thermometer.