This Tuna Pasta Salad isn’t just healthy, filling, and completely delicious, it’s not difficult to make and rich with flavor. Made with protein-packed tuna, peas, whole-wheat pasta, pasta and then tossed into a delicious and creamy avocado yogurt dressing.
This tuna pasta salad recipe is best served cold. It can easily be made beforehand to take to holiday parties. Tossed in a simple creamy sauce that is made with yogurt and avocados to the creamy foundation. The best tuna pasta recipe that you could ever have and also a timeless favorite in each family.
A few fantastic alternatives to substitute mayo with are some low fat Greek yogurt, avocado, hummus, pesto, and mustard.
You can store this Tuna Pasta Salad in an airtight-container and put in the fridge up to 3-5 days.
Tuna pasta salad could be served cold. It’s one of the dishes that tastes even better the following day and doesn’t have to be reheated. Enjoy right from the refrigerator.
Please, if you recreate this Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad
- 6.7 oz tuna in olive oil 1 jar drained and flaked
- 2-3 celery stalks chopped
- 8 oz whole wheat penne or gluten-free
- 1 cup frozen green peas thawed
For te Creamy Sauce or Dressing
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill more to garnish
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chili flakes or more to taste
- 1 avocado very ripe
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and then drain and put aside in a large-bowl to cool.
- Put all sauce or dressing ingredients into a food-processor or blender & pulse till smooth and well blended. Taste and correct the seasoning.
- Pour the sauce on the pasta, then stir in the celery, peas, and tuna. Mix with a spatula till well coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- Chickpea Carrot Salad Sandwich
- Kale and Cabbage Pad Thai Salad
- Avocado Tuna Salad
- Better Tuna Sandwich