Chickpea Smash Sandwich with Dill Pickles – this tangy, crispy, creamy chickpea crush is ideal as a sandwich filling for college or employment lunchboxes, in addition to picnics and buffets. The amount below equates approximately five sandwiches.
- 140 g / 1 cup cucumber finely diced
- 400 g / 14 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 small red bell pepper or romano pepper deseeded and finely manicured
- 1 medium carrot (66g), grated
- 75 g / ½ cup dill pickles or gherkins sliced
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Lay the drained chick peas into a big bowl and then about mash with a potato masher.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir until fully combined. Taste test and correct the seasoning to accommodate.
- Stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator, this chick-pea burst will continue for 3 times.