Better Tuna fish Sandwich – this better”tuna fish” sandwich includes all of the excellent feel and taste with the traditional sandwich with no animal products and services. Whether you are vegetarian or not, this combo of crispy onions and celery and chick-peas leaves for a flavorful guilt-free lunch which I would contend tastes a lot better compared to the initial tunafish sandwich.
- 1/2 cupdried shredded unsweetened coconut
- 250 grams cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 75 grams celery (1 small rib, diced)
- 40 grams red onion (1/4 small onion, minced)
- 65 grams dill pickles (1 small pickle, chopped)
- 9 grams flat-leaf parsley (a few sprigs, minced)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
Step by Step:
- Insert the coconut into a pot alongside a cup of plain water. Cook the coconut for 30-40 minutes, or till it’s no more dry and tough. Add extra water if necessary. Drain well.
- Insert the cooked lemon and drained chickpeas into a food processor and pulse several times before the chickpeas are sliced up into crumbles although not so long since it transforms to a paste. You can also use a potato masher.
- Insert the vegan tofu, soy milk, tahini, organic yeast, sliced, onions, celery, pickle, parsley and black pepper. Stir to blend
- eat involving two pieces of bread.